Milford Animal Hospital was established in 1950 by Dr. J. Mitchell Floyd and is the longest continuously operating animal hospital in Milford and the surrounding area. Dr. David McGee purchased the practice from Dr. Floyd in 1974 and was joined by fellow Cornell graduate Dr. John O’Neil in 1975 who later became a partner in 1978.
Dr. Valerie Blasi joined MAH in 1996 and became a partner in 2006. Dr. Jeffrey Sachar, an Orange native, joined MAH in 2007 and became a partner in 2011. Drs. McGee and O’Neil have since retired and have passed over the reins of ownership to Drs. Blasi and Sachar.
Over its long history, Milford Animal Hospital has grown from a single doctor, mixed animal practice to a modern, state-of-the-art, multi-doctor small animal hospital. Our present hospital at 256 Cherry Street is the third location on Cherry Street in the past 59 years.